Content Specialist & Comms Manager
We are building a brand that moves people physically and emotionally, respects diversity and inclusion and pushes the boundaries between purpose and profit. A start-up in our fourth year of operation, we’ve built our capabilities and are ready to start making more noise in the industry about them. We’re looking for a strong writer, able to grasp complex B2B travel problems and technical technology solutions, and position them in a way that is simple to understand, differentiated in our industry and aligned with our unique brand.
You are passionate about travel and technology, and eager to sink your teeth into owning all external content for the company – from writing insights pieces to social media posts, award submissions to blogs, customer communications to brand stories. You’ll manage relationships with media, and work with our sales teams and partners to craft messages that communicate who we are, how we’re different and that add insightful value to the industry.
We’re a small, high performing team of travel and technology experts from all over the world. We work hard but collaboratively, and we celebrate our wins collectively.
The Content Specialist & Communications Manager is a senior-level part-time position that could grow over time. As this is currently a part time role, it may suit a senior communications specialist or copywriter that is after a better work-life balance, returning to the workforce after some time out or consulting on the side.
Responsible for developing the messaging framework for the company and ensuring compliance with this across the business, this is a senior role within the lean Marketing & Communications team. You will see through the development of our brand, product and people messages before bringing it to life in copy and content that cuts-through, educates, engages and inspires the industry on next generation innovations and alternative ways of thinking. You’ll own media relationships, ensuring our developments receive the publicity they deserve. You’ll write blogs and speeches for our CEO as well as work closely with our sales teams, at times directly with our clients and partners, and our Marketing Manager to align product and customer communications and ensure the execution and measurement of commercial outcomes.
You’ll report to and be supported by our outsourced CMO consultant.
Working with: The marketing team to align all messages and effectively manage them in-market. You’ll translate our competitive advantage into key messages and toolkits for our Business Development team – our commercial colleagues driving booking volume growth. You’ll liaise closely with our Atlas leadership team including Legal, Financial, Customer Support, Product & Technology teams and other colleagues as required.
Third parties, Prospects, Partners & Customers: Marketing & branding agencies, PR firms, event organizers, media, Low-cost carrier & domestic Airlines, OTAs, Consolidators, Travel Agents (leisure & business), Wholesalers, technology 3rd parties, mid/back office providers, GDSs, payment partners, booking tools and their respective marketing and PR teams. Also potentially other travel businesses in the future.
Design and develop Atlas’ messaging strategy and hierarchy:
- Develop the company’s messaging strategy and hierarchy, ensuring awareness and comprehension of the brand’s USPs internally and externally
- Align all key messages and build library of messaging assets for consistency and efficiency over time
- Ensure unique positioning for the brand and our spokespeople, leveraging the brand’s differentiated personality and core values
Manage public announcements:
- Develop content and coach the company’s spokespeople ahead of events and other speaking opportunities
- Manage the company’s LinkedIn messaging, growing followers and engagement over time to create awareness of the brand and demand for our services
- Manage media relationships and distribute public announcements in PR channels, building demand for Atlas stories and insights
- Own the schedule and manage submissions for relevant industry and entrepreneurial awards – showcasing and ensuring recognition of our brand and our people
Develop high quality, engaging content:
- Support profile building of our CEO by:
- Delivering a monthly blog that is aligned with topical industry challenges, solutions and her personal brand voice; and
- Delivering a speaker series focused on industry-wide initiatives that make a real difference for people and the planet;
- Deliver quarterly thought-leadership and opinion pieces that leverage Atlas’s data capabilities and add value to the travel industry
- Deliver internal and external stories that talk to our purpose-led initiatives – what we’re doing to support the ‘untraveled’ and more meaningful and sustainable travel
- Assist in the development of sales support documentation & customer-facing documentation, simplifying technical elements and helping with the development of templates for presentations etc
Oversee customer communications for unrivalled customer experience:
- Support the Marketing Manager with automated email copy and system-generated communications, ensuring Atlas’s unique tone of voice and personality is embedded across all touchpoints
Support internal communications:
- Support the Marketing Manager and Leadership team with all-staff internal email and app messaging
- Communications expert – senior level expertise and experience across media management, copywriting and storytelling;
- Strong self-starter – proactive in identifying opportunities and running with them;
- Strong collaborator – able to influence internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Creative mindset – able to take strategic ideas and transform them into meaningful stories that engage audiences;
- Analytical – able to make sense of complex data, focused on outcomes over input;
- Flexible – able to manage competing priorities and stakeholder requirements simultaneously;
- Customer obsessed – starts every new project from the customer’s perspective;
- Self-aware with a commitment to continuous learning.
Key Qualifications & Experiences
- 5 years plus professional communications experience
- B2B services experience with demonstrable record of achievement
- Significant international / multi-cultural working experience
- Comfortable engaging with senior team members of prospect and client companies
- Fluent English to facilitate communication with international global clients and team members
- University Degree or equivalent third level marketing or communications qualification
- Knowledge & experience of the travel industry and understanding of the travel distribution landscape, GDSs, low-cost carriers, other content
- Multiple languages (Chinese ideal – to facilitate regular communication with the China-based team members and clients)
Based in Singapore or Auckland (may be flexible to include other locations if the candidate is the right fit)
Be prepared to travel internationally as required
If you are up for the challenge, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us a bit about yourself and why you are motivated to take the role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com